On Thursday October 27, our Canvas Success Managers (CSM) team presented a webinar on how to reuse and share course content. There were a number of points that I think are pertinent and helpful to faculty using Canvas.
Here is a list of specifically helpful points:
- Course Copy (7:15) – you can use this to copy course content from one course into another. You might use this to copy course content from one term to the next.
- Course Export/Import (10:52) – You can use this to share course content with other instructors. See our FAQ about this.
- Adjust assignment due dates (8:55; 10:14*) – Canvas provides two ways to change assignment due dates. This is a handy feature when copying course content from one term to the next. *The method shown here may be the better option imho.
- Direct share (Copy To/ Send To)
- Copy to (15:50) – This allows you to copy a module or specific content within a module from one course to another without copying/the entire course. You can use this to copy an assignment you created in one course to another/future term.
- Send to (22:00) – This allows you to send a single piece of course content to another Teacher without creating a course export. You can use this to share an assignment, page, quiz or something else from your course for another Teacher to use.
You can access the notes/resources and video of the webinar at: